Light Country Branding


Light Regional Council

Our Challenge

Light Regional Council is located one hour north of Adelaide and encompasses the towns Freeling, Greenock, Hewett, Kapunda, Roseworthy and Wasleys. Council wanted to create a new destination brand, with input from community and key stakeholders, that established a strong identity for areas of Light located outside the Barossa Geographical Indication (GI) Wine Zone. 46 per cent of Light is located within the wine zone which means business operators can market themselves under the ‘Barossa’ brand. Areas in the remaining 54 per cent of Light can’t use the ‘Barossa’ brand because they are outside the wine zone. To address this gap, the new ‘Light Country’ brand needed to highlight the region’s offering and put Light on the map.

Algo Mas was engaged to create the new brand, including a new name, for the region to drive visitation and economic growth across the district.

Our Inspiration

Algo Mas applied our four-step Brandsphere™ process to create the new ‘Light Country’ brand which included research, strategy development, visual identity creation and implementation.

The brand needed to establish a unique identity for areas of the Light Region that are located outside the wine zone. To achieve this, we created an evocative brand that celebrates the region’s strengths: its hills, vines, agriculture, land and people. The name ‘Light Country’ speaks directly to an authentic rural experience. The tagline ‘Get Closer’ addresses the region’s proximity to Adelaide. The visual identity features a contemporary mark consisting of smaller, individual icons that represent the region and the supporting colour palette references the area’s rich history and diversity. Together, the brand is an enticing appeal for people to ‘get closer’ to Light Country.

Our Results

The Light Country brand launched in August 2021.

We Have Exciting News
Pascale Construction Branding
Sellicks Branding
Whittles Website
The Royal Kent Town Branding
Professionals Salisbury Digital Campaign
Totness Precinct Brand Strategy
Marina Pier Taste of Summer Campaign
Monarto Safari Park Freeway Sign
Adelaide Railway Station Branding
Light Country Branding
National Disability Support Program
City of Playford Fight Food Waste Campaign
Loreto College Marketing
Axiom Annual Report
The Harrington Branding
Porteño Social Media
A3C Web design
Newbridge Branding
The Adelphi Branding
Peterborough Place Branding
Ahrens Rural Website
Norwood Walk Branding
Murray Bridge – Make It Yours Campaign
RDAYMN Workshop
217 East Tce Digital Advertising
Murray Bridge – Santos Tour Down Under 2020 Campaign
Norwood Green heart&soul Street Magazine
TTS Built Branding
Dellta Branding
ACH Group Animation
Murray Bridge Trainers Village Branding
Flinders University Village Campaign
Norwood Green Signage
Mainstreet SA Logo
Botten + Bowser Branding
Saints Shopping Branding
Spray Shop Australia Branding
City of Prospect Web development
Seaside Emu Bay Branding
McLaren Estate by Trojan Projects Web design
Munno Para October School Holidays Campaign
The Rural City of Murray Bridge Branding
ACH Good Lives Magazine Spring 2018
Sentek Rebrand
TAFE SA Short Course Guide Branding
Digital Unley Design
Bellberry Limited Website
Observatory Kent Town Branding
Key Central – Seaford Meadows Rebrand
Croplands – Direct Mail Piece
Munno Para Shopping City Super Hero Campaign
Nuriootpa Retirement Living Branding
David Allen Properties Branding
Victor Harbor – Encounter It All Branding
Bowden to Croydon Street Art Publication
Sturt Ridge Branding
City of Charles Sturt Illustrated Advertisement
Munno Para Christmas Gift Guide
Jensen PLUS Branding
TechInSA Branding
Whyalla Council Branding
The Viridian Branding
Luminesque Branding
Caramel IT Animation
Glenelg Street Party Design
Rebranding Whyalla
Barossa Gourmet Weekend Logo
More on Annual Reports
Mum’s Paradise Design
Building Western Adelaide Design
FarMate Branding
Step Back In Time Design
Croplands Design Update
Adelaide Plains Council Branding
Something on The Beatles Signage
Curaden Signage
Marina Pier Branding
Add Value Branding
Australian Institute of Conveyancers Design
Barossa Gourmet Weekend Branding
Material Balance Consulting Branding
Uberhealth Web design
Country Health SA
Key Assets
Test Kitchen Design
Country Health SA
Adelaide City Council
Le Cordon Bleu
National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER)
U2 on Waymouth Branding
Henley Beach
Botten Levinson Lawyers Branding
Main & Cherry
Cooke Brewing Co.
Woodville Road
Development & Advisory
Property Council of Australia (SA Division) Design
Healthy Holdfast Bay Branding
City of Holdfast Bay Design
Croplands Design
Rundle Mall Design
Addept Branding

Ready to discuss your next project?

Say hola and contact us today

animated blue triangle animated blue triangle