August 17, 2020
Do you believe in doing something meaningful with your career? Creating something memorable? Something moving?
Algo Más is Spanish for something more and if you have something special to bring to our team we’d love to hear from you.
What can we tell you about us? We work hard. We’re agile. We obsess over detail but not to the point of being ridiculous. We support workplace flexibility. And, above all else, we take pride in our work and love what we do.
Due to growth in our digital area we’re searching for a part-time experienced Full-Stack web developer who can build and modify websites from layout to launch.
While this will initially be a permanent, part-time role (15 hours a week, ideally Mondays and Wednesdays) we hope to build the role to a full-time position over time. Algo Más support flexible working arrangements and are willing to negotiate alternative hours with the right candidate.
Exceptional graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- A solid understanding of current HTML, SCSS, jQuery and PHP standards and best practice;
- Customising CMS – especially WordPress;
- cPanel / WHM Hosting Management / Website related IT Services;
- Website speed optimisation;
- Ability to problem solve hacking issues;
- Fixing and applying security measures;
- An interest in keeping up to date with the latest web technologies;
- The confidence to work autonomously within a small team environment;
- The ability to accept constructive feedback (no prima donnas);
- Exceptional attention to detail (clean, high quality code);
- A hard-working ethic with a can-do attitude.
- The ability to juggle multiple jobs with tight deadlines;
- An ability to clearly communicate technical jargon in plain language, both verbally and in writing.
- WordPress plug-in development;
- Experience with PHP frameworks;
- CRM integration;
- SEO experience;
- Experience with building and integrating E-commerce sites (WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify);
- Experience with email marketing platforms such as Campaign Monitor and MailChimp;
- Tertiary qualified;
- Have previously worked for a PR, communications or advertising agency;
- An understanding of branding, graphic design and marketing terminology and processes;
- Graphic design/InDesign experience (not essential).
- A desire and willingness to learn about general business operations (the nitty-gritty and profitability!);
- Public speaking and presenting don’t make you break out in a cold sweat;
- Experience with quoting projects;
- Experience in time recording.
Remuneration will be negotiated with the successful applicant based on their knowledge, skills and competencies. Salary package includes a professional development budget. Algo Más runs a Profit Participation Plan (PPP) for eligible staff.
Think you have what it takes?
Send your resume and a cover letter/email to email@example.com by COB Friday 28 August 2020.
For a full job description, if you have questions, or for a confidential chat about the role or Algo Más and our vision, please contact Managing Director, Julie on 8232 2526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.